TODAY@OUTeast! (June 21, 7PM): GOD LOVES UGANDA
Posted by Wayves Volunteer 20/06/2013
GOD LOVES UGANDA 7:00PM
OUTeast presents “The most terrifying film of the year!” That is how American queer activist, Joe Mirabella of Change.org, described God Loves Uganda, a shocking expose directed by Academy Award Winner Roger Ross Williams (Music by Prudence, Best Documentary Short 2010).
As Africa’s poorest and perhaps most vulnerable country, Uganda is viewed by many as the perfect gateway for the American evangelical movement. God Loves Uganda follows religious leaders, politicians and missionaries who are working on both sides of the Kill the Gays Bill and the fight against “sexual immorality”.
After last year’s stunning Call Me Kuchu that showed the struggles of the LGBT community in Uganda, this shocking documentary digs deeper into where the beliefs of their people are born and who might be influencing the social injustices that they experience every day.
Watch the trailer here.
DOCUMENTARY USA /2013/ 83:00 min.
DIRECTOR: Roger Ross Williams; PRODUCERS: Roger Ross Williams and Julie Goldman; RATING: PG; English and Swahili (English Subtitles).
OUTeast BOX OFFICE/TICKET INFO
- Advance film ticket sales are online at neptunetheatre.com (credit card only)
- Click ‘Visiting Shows,’ and then click ‘OUTeast Film Festival.’
- Advance Prom and Brunch tickets are available at outeast2013.eventbrite.ca (credit card or Paypal only)
- The Festival Box Office in the Neptune Studio Lobby opens one hour before screening start times during the festival.
- Advance tickets to the Prom and theBrunch (cash only) will be available at Venus Envy, 1598 Barrington Street. For store hours, visit venusenvy.ca/halifax.
- All festival screenings are $10 each, everything included.
- Tickets for the Prom are $15 each, everything included, and tickets for the Awards Brunch are $10 each.
- No refunds, exchanges, or cancellations on any tickets purchased.
- For ticket-related questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org